01 November 2009

Romance is Beautiful

Home, I am at home on Halloween, doing homework and listening to Home by Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros, who are my new favorite band. The clip is so cute and I have a feeling that is exactly what I would be like if I was in a band.

My homework requires me to document fashion through the ages(1880-today) and it's influences, and I have been discovering so many new things, one of my favorites being Romanticism and the Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood(which Lauren blogged about with a beautiful John William Waterhouse painting). I am totally head over heels for the following paintings:


John William Waterhouse - Lady of Shallot 
 
John William Waterhouse - Gather ye Rosebuds while ye can 
 
Edward Burne Jones - The Beguiling of Merlin 
 
John Everett Millais - Cherry Ripe

It's really funny how most of the painters in the Brotherhood painted Shakespeare's Ophelia...


 
John William Waterhouse - Ophelia
  
John Everett Millais - Ophelia

 I love the intensity of the colour in these paintings, they are so romantic and beautiful. I want my summer wardrobe to feature all of these colours- rose, fleshy pinks, grey blues, lush greens and stark whites... Almost like these collections... *This pink is the colour of my dress that I'm creating for my last assignment



 
 
 


Stella McCartney Spring 2010

Givenchy
 
Dries(makes me want to travel)
 
 
Chalayan



I wonder how Lauren's cemetery tour is going?


elyse

No comments:

Post a Comment