03 November 2009

Bollyfashion

I think Lauren and I have both been hit by the Springtime bug(and I use that term loosely, because Melbourne's spring includes 35 degree heat, thunderstorms and clouds for miles).... COLOURSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I have loved Manish Arora since his Spring/Summer 2007 collection with the butterflies on the lips and the whole whimsical, garden of earthly delights-esque details, and I have been following his collections since then and his use of the many wonderful textile technologies available to him in India is amazing. He is the poster child for the Indian fashion industry's growth, I think. If there is anyone else out there using every possible textile processes in their country, I have yet to find them, but Manish is showcasing not only his own talent, but the possibilities of working with the Indian textile industry.
Love.




elyse

No comments:

Post a Comment